Project Support Coordinator
£25,000 per annum + pension contribution + 5% Learning Fund
About Tonic Housing
Tonic Housing is an ambitious, early-stage start-up, pioneering a new approach to housing to suit the needs of the older LGBT+ population. The incorporation of affordable housing within the scheme is a major focus and it will also include facilities for people of all age groups within the LGBT+ community and beyond. The aim is to create a diverse and engaging space which breaks social boundaries, challenges stereotypes and provides a safe community to all those that live there. We are now entering a crucial stage as we identify and secure a London site, consult with potential future residents, undertake financial modelling and business planning, and design and build.
Tonic hopes to become an exemplar of best practice. It is hoped that the scheme will become a place where people and organisations across the country can learn about what it takes to build an inclusive environment for older LGBT+ people so that they may live a fulfilling and happy life.
About the Role
Tonic requires a self-starting individual to work within a very small team to support the co-ordination of Tonic’s key activities. This will primarily involve providing project management support and coordinating with a range of stakeholders. The successful candidate will also be expected to participate in a wide range of tasks, including but not limited to: designing participatory workshops; organising large-scale events; setting up the organisation’s first office; conducting focused pieces of research; and, building the brand through successful utilisation of social and traditional media. For more information on the roles and responsibilities please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a fantastic opportunity to experience working for an exciting and dynamic organisation undertaking ground-breaking work in the UK. In true start-up style, you will gain great exposure to both the everyday project intricacies and the larger scale strategic and organisational change. As such, the range and depth of learning opportunities will be immense. The role also offers a unique opportunity to be involved in the entire construction lifecycle. Above all, your work will have a strong social impact by improving the lives of a vulnerable group of people.
What Skills do you Need?
- University degree educated or equivalent experience.
- Advantage if you have experience and understanding of housing, care home or LGBT+ sectors.
- Knowledge of project management techniques and experience supporting project managers to coordinate and manage complex projects on time and within budget.
- Track record of undertaking and successfully delivering administrative support.
- Strong numerical skills and/or experience of budget management, invoicing and financial reporting.
- Excellent writing abilities and the ability to clearly communicate information from different disciplines to a variety of audiences.
- Fully conversant with the full range of Microsoft Office products.
- Exceptional communication skills. You will actively listen and convey expectations, plans and outcomes effectively to internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- The ability to work independently and take initiative. You should be energetic and self-motivated.
- High prioritisation and organisational skills with an ability to juggle multiple workloads.
- Great attention to detail and an interest in producing high quality work.
- Ability to respond to change in a positive and proactive way.
- Passion for Tonic Housing’s mission.
- Job Perks
- Learning on the job and good career development opportunities.
- An additional 5% of your annual salary towards relevant training, courses and/or workshops that power your personal and professional development.
- Flexible working hours and the ability to work remotely.
- Making a difference to the lives of a vulnerable group of people.
Please send a CV and a cover letter attached explaining why you are interested in Tonic Housing and what relevant experience you will bring to the role to the email address below by Monday 12th June. Interviews will take place during the week beginning 19th June.
© Copyright 2015 Tonic Housing | Registered company number: 9301343